Our Core Values
1. Evangelism – We believe that the “heartbeat” of the Great Commission of our Lord is evangelism. Our number one goal and primary focus must always be to seek and to save those that are lost. It is important for us to not just “trade members”, but to become fishers of men and not just keepers of the aquarium. Therefore we value evangelism and then discipleship, which then leads to evangelism and discipleship.
“Go therefore and make disciples (not converts) of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20 “But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.” 2 Timothy 4:5 And Jesus said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men.” Mark 1:17
2. Holistic Improvement – We will seek holistic (total) improvement of each member of our ministry – spiritually, emotionally, physically and financially. We will preach and teach Biblical mandates to achieve success in all these areas. We will also strive to make available the necessary resources and qualified individuals to help each willing member achieve holistic improvement.
“It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” Mark 2:17
3. Outreach – People do not care how much you know until they know how much you care. We will become known for our outreach programs for hurting people, in our church, in our community and in our city. These programs will be directed at but are not limited to the homeless, the poor and disenfranchised, substance abusers, the incarcerated and those who have been physically, verbally or emotionally abused. To help facilitate this we will maintain a “clothes closet” and a “food pantry”. We will be known throughout the community and entire city as a church that “models the Master” through our giving.
“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in. I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.” Matthew 25:35-36
4. Youth Empowerment – With our current location directly across the street from an inner-city high school it is imperative for us to seek to empower the youth in our church and community with the Word of God and with programs and other resources. We will encourage continued education with programs like the “College Tours” and will partner with neighboring schools in tutoring and mentorship programs. We will establish Christian daycares and schools that will allow us to train up a child in the way that he should go.
“Suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not for such is the kingdom of God.” Matthew 19:14 “Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he shall not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6
5. Attitude of Service – We will always strive to be excellent in our “customer service” – how we treat our members, visitors and guests from the moment they pull into our parking lot to when they leave, and how we respond to them when the call, e-mail or write with requests or concerns. We will be the standard for excellence in how we “do people”
“Whatsoever you do to one of the least of these, my brothers and sisters that you do also unto me” Matthew 25:46 “Be careful how you entertain strangers, for by doing so some have entertained Angels unawares.” Hebrews 13:2
6. Worship – We will strive to be an “open-door” church, actively reaching out and welcoming all persons. We will give our very best efforts towards our weekly corporate worship services. We will accomplish this through 1) relevant and challenging messages; 2) through an exciting atmosphere of praise and worship during our services and 3) through a commitment to prayer and fellowship.
“Preach the Word; be instant in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, encourage, with great patience and careful instruction.” 2 Tim 4:2 “Let everything that hath breathe Praise the Lord.” Psalms 150:6 “And they continued steadfastly in the Apostle’s doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread and in prayers … and the Lord added to their number daily such as were being saved.” Acts 2:42-46
7. Humility – We will remain humble and maintain the spirit of love and realness at all times and give all the credit and glory to God for whatever amount of success we have!
“To God be the Glory for the Great things He has done!”